Vaishno Devi, The journey to the Holy Shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi is an enchanting journey of the places where Mata Vaishnavi had spent some time while observing various spiritual disciplines and penances. The culmination of this journey is at the Holy Cave where She merged Her Human form with the astral form of Her creators, the three Supreme Energies. A pilgrimage to the Holy Shrine of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Ji is considered to be one of the holiest pilgrimages of our times. Popular the world over as Moonh Maangi Muradein Poori Karne Wali Mata, which means, the Mother who fulfills whatever Her children wish for, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Ji resides in a Holy Cave located in the folds of the three peaked mountain named Trikuta (pronounced as Trikoot). The Holy Cave attracts millions of devotees every year. In fact, the number of Yatris visiting the Holy Shrine annually now exceeds one crore. This is due to the unflinching faith of the devotees who throng the Shrine from all parts of India and abroad. The Holy Cave of the Mother is situated at an altitude of 5200 ft. The Yatris have to undertake a trek of nearly 12 km from the base camp at Katra. At the culmination of their pilgrimage, the yatries are blessed with the Darshans of the Mother Goddess inside the Sanctum Sanctorum- the Holy Cave. These Darshans are in the shape of three natural rock formations called the Pindies. There are no statues or idols inside the Cave.
Short Journey of Vaishno Devi
- Darshan At Mata Vaishno Devi Temple.
- Shopping In Katra Market.
Tour Name: Vaishno Devi Short Journey
Destinations: Jammu – Katra – Jammu
Duration: 02 Nights & 03 Days
Day 01: Arrive Jammu – Katra (50 Kms / 01 Hr)
Upon your arrival at Jammu Airport/Railway Station, our tour representative assists you in smooth transfer to Katra. On reaching Katra, check-in at the hotel and just relax in your hotel room. After relaxing some hours, start your trek towards the Mata Vaishno Devi Temple.
The 16 kilometers trek to Vaishno Devi Temple takes around 5 to 6 hours to arrive at the Cave temple. On the way, there are several eateries where one can enjoy sumptuous delicacies. After reaching temple, join the row to go inside the Mata Darbar Where you see three pindis inside the cave which symbolizes three forms of Goddess Shakti-Goddess Kali, Goddess Lakshmi and Goddess Saraswati. After having Darshan, overnight stay at Mata Vaishno Devi Bhawan.
Day 02: Katra
Early in the morning start trekking back to Katra. The descent will take around 4 to 5 hours to return back in your hotel room. The rest of the day is free for shopping etc. Dinner and overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 03: Katra – Jammu Drop
Today after having breakfast, drive back to the Jammu Airport / Station to board flight / train for onward journey.
- Assistance on arrival & departure at airport and railway station.
- Accommodation at hotels/resorts as per the itinerary.
- Daily chosen meals at the hotels/resorts
- All transfers, excursions and sightseeing tours will be by air-conditioned vehicle
- Road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges and interstate taxes.
- GST (5%)
- Any Airfare or Train
- Anything other than mentioned in the includes list.
- Early Check In and Late Check Out in properties.
- Personal Exp. / Extras during Stay in Resort like laundry, Telephone calls, Medicines, Liquor.
- Tip for Driver/Lunch/Travel Insurance / Air Tickets / Train Tickets.
- Monument Entry Charges/Heating system/Any Local Ride Not Included.